Sunday, January 3, 2010

today's rant

PS. Just a bit of a rant, though I am full of peaceful peanut-butter stir-fry. Unfortunately, I just read Rex Murphy's piece in the Saturday Globe, full of hateful scorn for Obama and praising Time magazine for not naming him as its Person of the Year. I should know not to read the blowhard Mr. Murphy, who writes that during the election campaign, the American press was too easy on Obama; that "the ferocity they applied to Sarah Palin, in contrast with the timidity they brought to [Obama's] campaign, will in time come to be seen as one of the most shameful episodes in American journalism."

Oh my! Where to begin with that one? I guess Mr. Murphy does not watch Jon Stewart, who delighted in showing us the extreme viciousness of the attacks on Obama, and Fox News's fawning adoration of Palin. Not to mention the unbelievably idiotic things that issued from her lipsticked mouth from the beginning of the campaign to the end. (And still, unfortunately, do.)

Shameful? What was shameful was that a woman with absolutely no intellectual or international qualifications was considered for one of the highest offices in the land. Sarah Palin makes Stephen Harper look good, and that takes quite some doing in my book.

Stop now, Beth. Best not to waste energy on this one, or I'll start to chew my mouth. Let me just say, "You, sir, are an idiot," and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment