Tuesday, October 26, 2010

facing the moron

I slept badly and opened the morning papers with dread. Sure enough, there he is, vowing to cut everything in sight. I can feel libraries, social programs, public transit, all good things battening the hatches, right now, for the hurricane of the next four years. Four years!

But speaking of hurricanes, as I lay in bed listening to the church bell toll five, I thought, wait a minute. Think of what other cities have endured - earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, cholera. This is only a nasty small-minded bully from Etobicoke. It could be so much worse.

I have two words for you, grieving Torontonians: Mel Lastman. We survived him and we'll survive this moron, too.

Though if you have to say that your mayor is only marginally better than a cholera epidemic, it's pretty bad.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am apreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! all the best!

    ReplyDelete