Sunday, October 17, 2010

no complaints here


I woke up and rushed around, thinking it was Monday when I teach two classes - but it was Sunday! Day of REST. And the Sunday "Star" included a free, condensed version of the "New York Times," how great is that.

And so to really relax, I went to a runfit class at the Y, a strenuous workout after which I thanked my body just for getting through. And later went for a bike ride in the gorgeous fall sunshine on the Don Valley Trail, as you can see. That's Michael Ondaatje's "Skin of a Lion" Bloor Street Viaduct.

And then cooked, as always, while listening to Eleanor Wachtel - today interviewing John le Carré who actually has a very ordinary British name, and speaks in the most beautifully articulate and modulated voice, like Laurence Olivier's. What a pleasure to listen to two highly intelligent and interesting people chat with each other, while making pork chops, potato/leek/green bean salad and, yet again, ratatouille.

An article in the "Times" about a reporter following a popular Democrat incumbent as he campaigns door to door - everyone, every single person he encounters, complained about something, even things not remotely the government's fault. This is the backlash to Obama the Miracle Worker - there are no miracles, so let's blame someone. It's profoundly sad and scary.

But the sky is bright, even if we are not.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I would like to see more details about this topic.

    ReplyDelete