Saturday, February 4, 2012

giving thanks for the friendship of women

Want to share with you this superb essay by Emily Rapp, about the power of the friendships of women. It's a a song of joy and a howl of rage. I send this, with greatest love, to you, Patsy and Lynn, Margaret and Anne-Marie and Kate, to you, other Lynn and Penny and Monique and Michele. To the Crones. To the Carleton crowd, Suzette, Jessica, Elke and Isobel. To all the others who've sustained me, as I hope I've sustained you. We will never need each other quite as much as Emily Rapp now needs her friends. But we will still need and be needed.

I send this out to you too, my women readers, wherever you are. I love you too, you men - but this is for the women.

http://therumpus.net/2012/01/transformation-and-transcendence-the-power-of-female-friendship/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Beth. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Rob. Good writing is a banquet, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete