Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday in the sun

My last day above ground for awhile - and a gloriously sunny day, if cold. Listening to a Bach mass and looking forward to two classes today. I'm more or less packed for 5 weeks in France and England, for times ranging from country walks in England to a formal dinner in Paris - the solution, of course, a sea of black, black jeans and skirt, black tops and sweaters. Easy peasey. Lots of colourful scarves and a bright pink jacket and one indulgence, a pair of comfortable high-heeled shoes, because if it works out, my friend Jaime is coming to Paris to take me to lunch and dinner, my guess in establishments I do not usually frequent. So one pair of elegant shoes is allowed, no?

Otherwise, what I've packed, I'm proud to say, is so multipurpose and practical, it bears no resemblance to the hundred pounds I hauled 3 years ago. Yes, that was for 5 months not 5 weeks, but still, I had no idea how to pack light. Now I do. Not as lightly as my friend Lynn, who can take two outfits in a backpack for six months in Siberia - but much better than before.

Excuse me, Johann, I hate to write about such petty things while you send those voices soaring to heaven. Talk about reminding us of what really matters - every note resounding with beauty, love, commitment, faith. Faith in something or other, not necessarily what Bach had faith in.

No comments:

Post a Comment