Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 15 garden writing workshop information

People have contacted me with questions about the garden writing workshop that takes place on Sunday July 15. So here's some information.

1. There is still room. And realizing that we are in a recession, the fee has been dropped to $155. That's for an entire day, 10 to 5, of writing in my garden with feedback and inspiration, plus lunch (with the possibility of a special guest) and a glass of wine.

2. Even people who've never done a speck of creative writing are welcome. The event works for everyone. I assign easy but interesting topics that spark imagination, and the writers go off into the garden to mull, muse and write whatever comes. Then we reassemble, and those who are comfortable reading what they've written are encouraged to do so. Those who'd prefer not to read are welcome not to read. There is no pressure. The day is about accessing your stories, your imagination, your voice. I guarantee you'll be amazed at what emerges spontaneously and in tranquillity.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Here's what a writer who came a few years ago wrote to me afterwards. She has just signed up again.

It was the most connected and grounded I have felt for MONTHS, and in a group of many strangers, that is a miracle. It refreshed my faith in writing as a love of mine, and something that makes me feel whole, no mean feat. I also met some new people with whom I really clicked.

FYI, a writer called Cathy Ostlere regularly posts information on Creative Non-fiction. There's tons of juicy stuff at this link: http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-nonfiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment