Saturday, May 18, 2013

more coffee!

This morning, lots of energy, with fresh, delicious caffeine circulating in my blood and brain. Several people have written in support of my coffee habit. Best of all, Bruce (who's in Amsterdam, standing in ecstasy in front of the 5 Vermeers at the new Rijksmuseum) sent a link to an article proving that the more coffee you drink, the healthier you are. Woo hoo!

Here's the last paragraph and the link. Go on, have another cup.


The evidence remains overwhelmingly in coffee's favor. Yes, it was observational, but the study published in May in the New England Journal of Medicine looked at hundreds of thousands of men and women and found this bottom line result: people who drank coffee lived longer than those who didn't. 
And the more they drank, the longer they lived. If you're into that sort of thing.

4 comments:

  1. Testing again to see if my spam block works ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real comment from someone in your U of T class :-). I love this blog! It is wonderful and rare to have such an intimate glimpse into the life of one of my professors. It is fitting that this professor is teaching me how to write Life Stories.

    I wanted to share some creative non-fiction contributed to the parenting blog Bunch (something we don’t read in class). These are a bled of parenting memoir and ecological essay. The latest post is here http://bit.ly/13svTQq and the archive can be found here http://bunchfamily.ca/category/current-columns/wild-city/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, how nice, a real live person and a fellow writer. The parenting blog is great - I'll use it more and more as Eli grows. Would love to take him to the bird banding. Thanks for opening this door for me. See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete