Monday, November 11, 2013

Is it okay to kill cyclists?

I live this every day as I ride - have been cut off by sharp turning drivers, had a cab nearly hit me as he did a u-turn without even seeing me in my bike lane, have had drivers shave so close to me they nearly knocked me over. It ain't fun. What he says below is true - why do drivers have the slightest incentive to be careful when there are no consequences for them at all?

But he's also right that we too should obey the law. I am cavalier with traffic signals on my bike, as I am when I walk. I'll be a good girl from now on.

OPINION

Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?

BY DANIEL DUANE
Based on how drivers who run over and kill cyclists are punished, you'd have to say yes.


It's a true fall day, dark and wet with leaves blasting by. But the good news is: it's 3 p.m. and so far today, no new scandal.

Check out the spelling of "responsibility". Ha. Thanks for sending this, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment