Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stratford

The Stratford farmer's market
 Maurice in his workshop
One corner of that workshop - among a million other things, he carves canes
 The beautiful Bourbon, who had five owners before Lani and Maurice
We are fond of each other
 Stratford is ridiculously pretty
And the theatre is fantastic, something to be very proud of.  And proud I am. This afternoon I saw
Crazy for You, a pastiche of brilliant melodic Gershwin songs in a silly, wonderful musical. Ridiculous and full of joy - major fun. Someone to watch over me, Slap that bass, Embraceable you, I got rhythm, They can't take that away from me, Nice work if you can get it ... those nice Gershwin boys from the Lower East Side could sure write. And then I could have stayed and watched a very well-reviewed King Lear.

Instead there was the bus right outside the theatre, and now I'm home, waiting for my new tenant to arrive from Quebec City and listening, of course, to Randy Bachman. Soon - time for chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment