Tuesday, January 5, 2016

correct dates of Beth's upcoming writing courses

The next term is nearly ready to begin - exciting! I've just realized, however, that I had the starting dates of both courses wrong in my own calendar, or perhaps both schools changed the dates, because I am sure I wrote down exactly what I was told. In any case, I hope this won't confuse or inconvenience any of you.

At U of T, my advanced course, Life Stories II (2288-008), starts Tuesday January 19 from 12.30 to 3 in Room 108 of the Continuing Studies building at 158 St. George St., and continues for eight weeks. This is a course for writers who have taken at least one course from me in the past, or who have sent samples of their work and received an okay from me personally.

At Ryerson, True to Life CWWR 336-IJO (4935) starts Monday January 18, from 6.30 to 9.15 p.m. and runs in Room 209 of the Victoria building right next to the Chang Centre on Victoria Street every Monday, except for Family Day, for nine weeks until Monday March 21.

Both courses are a definite go; neither is full yet, though the Ryerson course is filling fast.

I've thought for months that I start work next Monday and Tuesday, and now discover there's a whole extra week to tend to my own garden, before I start working with what others are planting. Kill that metaphor! I spent the morning beginning to go through stacks of my writing from the 70's and early 80's - fascinating. How grateful I am, once more, to the crazy woman who kept so many scraps of paper. I'd forgotten a great deal about her, but with her help, I see so much more clearly now who she was then. And, definitely, who she is no longer.

Though still sometimes, it seems, confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment