Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ryerson class full

Work starts soon - hard as it is to believe. Work, what's work? Wait, this is from the woman who was at a cottage with a one-year old and a four-year old. Believe me, that was work.

Labour Day on Monday, and the following Monday, back at it. And here's the news from Ryerson: my class is already full. Yes, a week and a half before term begins, there are already 18 people registered, which is the maximum.

So if you wanted to take my class, I'm sorry, you're too late. Here are 3 options:

1. Check out my day class at U of T: Life Stories, Tuesdays 12.30 to 3, starting October 4.
2. Wait until next term at Ryerson, starting in January, and register EARLY. In the meantime, read my book "True to Life" which is the textbook for the course and get yourself started.
3. Take another Ryerson writing class this term and come back later.

Hope that helps.

It was sweltering today, my A.C. is broken, and there's no lake to plunge into. But there are cucumbers. Have I mentioned them recently? Mmmm. A group of good friends from the Y came over for a pot luck lunch and there was a cucumber or two and a great deal more; I'm still recuperating.

Life is full. I am not going to reflect on Anthony Weiner or any other crazy or unpleasant person. Just on summer, growing things, and life. Time to go read.

When you have time, please give this a listen. It's a Moth story told by a scientist called Janna Levin, sent to me by my editor friend Chris, and it's stunning.
https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/08/16/life-on-a-mobius-janna-levin-moth/?mc_cid=553fc8c01c&mc_eid=0a0866d206

And here's the ultimate Canadian photo to make your day:

No comments:

Post a Comment