Saturday, April 14, 2018

treez

Tomorrow is my last day in Lorangerland, Chris's magic hideaway in the woods. As a parting gift, last night and tonight, he showed me two of his favourite movies, films I've been meaning to see for many years and never got around to: Strictly Ballroom and Muriel's Wedding, both Australian, funny, moving, great great fun. Heavenly to lie on the chaise by the fire and watch a very enjoyable film. And eat his lemon meringue pie while doing so. I've gained five pounds, I'm sure - much eating of much baking, followed by much much sitting at the computer and lolling in the hot tub, not offset by a bit of walking in the woods.

Some sun again today here - this is getting to be a habit, B.C.! And this while poor Ontarians, my family and friends, are suffering an ice storm of frightening proportions. My heart went out to them while I was walking another solitary trail. (click to enlarge)
 Someone tried to build a lean-to. Now leaning.

So many shades of green.
Not sure you can read it - the sign says "Woodpecker Training Skool." Some wag not only made it, s/he had to climb quite high to nail it on.

On Wednesday when Chris and I were grocery shopping, I saw a Globe and just had to buy it. It's beside me now, but I still haven't got around to reading it. I'll get to it at some point. Have I caught island-itis? The good news: I emailed two pieces of work this afternoon, the final version of the Beatles' talk and the next draft of the memoir. It felt very good to hear them zoom away. So tomorrow is my DAY OFF. I'm going to be doing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment